The BPVC, “ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code,” is being revised. The new BPVC 2015 Edition will be available in July and you’ll want to pre-order your copy from Document Center Inc. now. This new update replaces the previous 2013 Edition which is now obsolete. You’ll notice that the set is now updated on a two year schedule, which means that there are not any addenda released any more. The interpretations are still available and are posted online.
ASME has made a list of key changes available to ASME dealers like Document Center Inc., so we’re letting you know about them in advance of the release in July. Here are the main things to look for in your new editions of the Sections X, XI and XII:
For Section X, Key changes have occurred in Code Case 2820, Composite Pressure Vessels for High Pressure Fluids.
For Section XI, Key changes have occurred in:
- Appendix D
- Article A-3000 for K Calculation Methods for Surface and Subsurface Flaws
- Through-Wall or Through-Weld Leakage in Class 1 Components
- A new code case has been released to replace N-629. This has also revised Appendix A, A-4200 for KIa Fracture Toughness Determination.
For Section XII, Paragraphs in Part PR have been changed to:
- revise requirements for pressure relief devices
- update 1-1.4(a), 1-1.4(c)(3)
- delete 1-1.4(d)(11)
- add a definition of “Material Type Report” to Appendix III and III2.
- revise the definition for “Dynamic Load Condition” in 1-1.4(c)(3)
- update Modal Appendix 1 for Allowable Stress Criteria
We know that you’ll need copies of the new 2015 Edition of the BPVC. Document Center Inc. is your authorized dealer and you can pre-order your copies now. Go to our order page for the BPVC now! Should you have any questions, just contact the Document Center staff by phone (650-591-7600), fax (650-591-7617) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’ve been selling standards from our Silicon Valley location since 1982. Make us your Standards Experts!