ISO 9712, “Non-destructive testing — Qualification and certification of NDT personnel,” has just been issued as the new 4th Edition and is now available from Document Center Inc. The standard was developed for evaluating and documenting the competence of personnel whose duties require theoretical and practical knowledge of non-destructive tests.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition (ISO 9712:2005), which has been technically revised. It has already been adopted by the European Union and can be purchased in the official English language edition from us as BS-EN-ISO-9712.
The new ISO 9712:2012 includes the following changes:
- clarification of responsibilities for the certification body, the qualification body, and the examination center,
- redrafting of the clause “training” for clarification and change in the number of required hours,
- redrafting of the clause “experience” for clarification,
- introduction of “digital certificates”,
- and other minor technical and editorial changes.
This new ISO edition is available in paper (or pdf format within the U.S.) at our website, www.document-center.com. Or contact us by phone (650-591-7600), fax (650-591-7617) or email (email@example.com). We’re your Standards Experts!--