MIL-STD-883, “Microcircuits,” has been updated. The new Revision K dated 4/25/2016 has replaced the previous Revision J with Notices 1 to 5. It is available from Document Center Inc. in both paper format and for pdf download. It can also be included in our Standards Online company-wide access service. It is one of our most frequently-sold standards and used extensively thoughout the electronic industry across the globe.
When will you need to comply with the changes in MIL-STD-883 K? You have until October 24, 2016, to conform with these updates.
What are the changes in the new Revision K? Changes have been made to these Test Methods as follows:
- Test Method 1005 Steady state life/Burn-in test: TJmax changes.
- Test Method 1010 Temperature cycling: Monitoring sensor definition.
- Test Method 1014 Seal: OLT procedure updates and added new A5 procedure.
- Test Method 1015 Steady state life/Burn-in test: TJmax changes.
- Test Method 1034 Die penetrant test (for plastic devices): Polaroid film alternative.
- Test Method 2001 Constant acceleration: Add testing diagram.
- Test Method 2003 Solderability: Complete re-write. Associated change to delete IPC J-STD-002 in paragraph 2.3 of the 883 main body.
- Test Method 2009 External visual: Add chip-in-place criteria.
When do you use MIL-STD-883 K? MIL-STD-883 is used for U.S. government work, specifically to test microelectronic devices to confirm that they are suitable for use in Military and Aerospace electronic systems. As a Standard, the publication can be called out and enforced in government contracts. And, of course, since many of these products are also used for civilian purposes, the tests are frequently referenced for other applications as well.
How do I get a copy of MIL-STD-883K? There are many choices, but one of the best is to use Document Center Inc. You can search for and order standards at our webstore, www.document-center.com. Each purchase comes with our best-in-class notification service, which means that you’ll get an email each time the MIL-STD-883 (or any other standard you buy from us) is updated. Here’s a direct link to the order page for MIL-STD-883.
Document Center Inc. has been working with standards users since 1982. Many of these companies are defense contractors, so we have a long history of working with mil specs and standards. When you need a reliable and responsive organization to help you solve your compliance issues, reach out to us by phone (650-591-7600) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do what thousands of other companies have done and make us your Standards Experts!