ANSI/ESD S20.20 is one of Document Center’s best-selling ESD protection standards. Titled “Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment (Excluding Electrically Initiated Explosive Devices),” it’s just been updated with the release of a new 2014 Edition. The standard is part of the ESD Association’s series on the Development of Electrostatic Discharge Control Programs. It specifically addresses how to set up and maintain an ESD control program for dealing with electronic parts and assemblies susceptible to damage from discharges greater than or equal to 100 volts Human Body Model (HBM) or 200 volts Charged Device Model (CDM).
As a user of the ANSI/ESD S20.20, you’ll be wondering what the changes are in this new 2014 Edition. Here’s a listing of the areas the committee has brought to your attention in the Annex D concluding material of the new revision:
- the Scope Section has been expanded to add voltages to applicable isolated charged conductors
- Section 6.1 has been modified
- in Section 7.1, Product Qualification has been added as an element of the ESD Control Program Plan, resulting in the addition of a new Section 7.3 and further renumbering of other Section 7 subsections
- Section 8.2 has been updated
- Section 8.3 now has additional requirements and Table 3 has been modified
- Section 8.4 on packaging has been reworded for clarity
- Annexes A and B have also been updated
You’ll need a copy of the new standard and who better to turn to than Document Center Inc.? Here you can find and order from a consolidated collection of over 450,000 unique titles (over current and obsolete 850,000 revisions tracked daily)! Order at our webstore, www.document-center.com, or contact our staff by phone (650-591-7600), fax (650-591-7617) or email (email@example.com).
We provide a wide range of services to help you keep your collection current as well as to help you identify newly-issued standards that may affect your business. And we provide you with resources that help you identify the changes that are occurring to your documents as well!
We’ve been helping folks like you from our Silicon Valley location since 1982. Make us your Standards Experts!