ASTM A967/A967M has just been updated with the release of the new 2017 Edition. This specification is a best seller here at Document Center Inc. The title is Standard Specification for Chemical Passivation Treatments for Stainless Steel Parts. This new revision replaces the previous 2013 Edition, which is now obsolete. (For more information on the old edition, please see my post from 2013: New ASTM A967/A967M 2013 Edition).
The specification covers a number of chemical passivation treatments for stainless steel parts. You’ll be given recommendations (and precautions) for descaling, cleaning and passivation. To confirm effectiveness, several alternative tests are provided.
Changes to ASTM A967/A967M 2017 are extensive. Here are the areas that the committee has highlighted for your review:
- Section 4 has been expanded
- Subsection 5.2.1 is revised
- Note 2 has been added
- The use of “supplier” replaces all references to “seller” and “processor”
- Alternatives to immersion are now provided in 6.1.1 and 7.1.1
- Dry time has been modified in 14.1.2
- The cleaning and drying requirement for 14.2.3 is now to be found in X2.10
- The restriction on copper sulfate test for food equipment in 14.4.1 is removed
- Procedures in 14.4.3 and 14.5.3 have been expanded and Section 14.7 is added
- There’s a new Appendix X2 (it includes X1.3.2 through X1.3.4 and X1.12)
- X1.3.1 through X1.3.4 have been added (from QQ-P-35 Revision C). This includes corrections to Table X1.1
For more specific information on these changes, get a redline edition when you make your purchase of this copyright publication. You’ll get a second copy of the specification with all the changes clearly marked.
Speaking of getting a copy, you should use the Document Center Inc. webstore for your purchase. As an authorized dealer of these standards, we have all the current and many of the obsolete editions available at our webstore, www.document-center.com. Here is a direct link to the order page for ASTM A967/A967M for your convenience.
You can purchase these standards in both paper format and for pdf delivery. And they can all be included in our enterprise cloud subscription solution, Standards Online. To find out more about your many options, get in touch with us by phone (650-591-7600) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’ve been selling standards since 1982 and have many products and services for keeping your compliance documentation in good shape. Make us your Standards Experts!